Flatpak issues with frontends and mounted USB

Hello !

I’m curently trying to build a htpc with a MSI cubi 2 with debian 9 stretch with no shell. It start kodi with openbox along with other services and i’m trying to bring video games to it. Wich naturaly led me to Retroarch. And i’m trying to make it work with a fancy frontend like EmulationStation or IARL or other but I keep having some problems.

With my configuration, the best way for me to install it, download cores and have the 1.6.7 version was through flatpak and I have some issues with that:

• When I try to lanch games thrue ES, I can’t see how to fill the command line for the config file. I tried the flatpak command, or to directly point it to the reotarch app deep in the org.libretro.RetroArch folder (hidden in my home folder). But no match.

• Same problem with Internet Archive Rom Database, I can’t find a way to launch Retroarch. Same with rom launcher.

• And when I try go by the retroarch gui with advanced emulator launcher, wich work fine, but I can’t scan the media folder into the root, where my HDD are mounted. I don’t know if it’s a permissions problem because I don’t have this problem on other apps and I can access to much sensitives folders.

I tried to find some help by finding other peoples with this problem but the flatpak distribution seems to cause many issues, and after hard researchs I wasn’t able to identify someone else with this problems.

Is there a way to work with that or am I definitely doomed to never play on this device ?