Flycast Atomiswave Metal Slug 6 Sprites Corrupt

I have tried a bunch of different settings and none seem to help all the characters seemed to be surrounded by colored boxes. I have combed the internet and forums and tried various settings, different roms and cannot seem to make it go away unless I enable RTT (render to texture). This makes the issue disappear but I am not fond of the look it achieves (kinda smudgy). I settled on Gl for the driver (no difference with others, except for the ones that didn’t work.) I tried all the In Game Option settings, sometimes it would disappear for a screen or so but return. Everything has been updated through the Online Updater as of yesterday. Anyone have any ideas. Oh my Graphics card is a NVIDIA GTX 480, not sure if it is the culprit as I tried a bunch of other games and have not experienced this issue. Thanks in advance.

I joined the forum searching for this exact same issue. I’m in the process of migrating from standalone emulators to Retroarch for simplicity and the Bezel Project. I was able to resolve my issue for both Metal Slug 6 and MvC2 on both of my cabinets running Windows 10. I switched video to Vulkan from gl. I then saved the setting as an override to the core only since the rest of my cores run perfect on gl. I’m not sure if restarting Retroarch was required but I did so after making the change and saving. If a game runs worse on Vulkan, you can switch the override for that game only back to gl but I haven’t gotten that far yet in testing. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Joined as well, just to thank you ! And to confirm this indeed fixed it for me.

Cheers ~

1 Like

All the times I tried this game, what happened to me was the game crashing retroarch at random. Never got corrupt sprites.