Flycast crash to the desktop when enabing ''boot to bios'' option

I want to enter the dreamcast bios menu to format memorycard, I’m using FlyCast core so when I enable ''Boot to bios" option , and after restarting RetroArch and when I run the game the emulator always crash to the desktop, just to make sure I placed the dc_boot.bin and the dc_flash.bin in the ‘‘dc’’ folder inside the ‘‘system’’ folder , I’m using windows 10 64 bit, and Retroarch ver.1.7.9 with updated data base and core info, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Make sure reicast_hle_bios is disabled in your core options file. I had crashes with both that and boot to bios enabled before.

the reicast_hle_bios option is disabled already in my core options file as you can see in my uploaded photo, Also I don’t think my BIOS files is corrupted, because I tried several games without issues Is there another option that needs to be changed ?

Not that I can think of. Do you get the Dreamcast bootup sequence when booting a game with boot to BIOS off? If not, your BIOS files aren’t set up properly and it’s using HLE BIOS to boot. It sounds like you have the right files in the right place though.

Also, you could just delete your VMU files in system/dc/ to format the cards.

1 Like

The problem has been resolved ! When you kindly mentioned the Dreamcast bootup sequence which wasn’t showing to me, I thought to move the entire retro Arch file to the desktop , after that I started the game and the [Dreamcast bootup sequence] showed !, the reason for the problem is that the previous location of the Retroarch file was inside a file in Arabic letters, I tried to rename it to English and the issue solved, also I tried to rename it to Japanese and the same result happened with the Arabic letters, anyway I thank you for mentioning the [Dreamcast bootup sequence] I’m now able to save to memorycard, and I apologize because the cause of the problem was trivial

1 Like