Flycast crashes Retroarch

Greetings,

I tried Flycast moments ago. It worked the very first time, but I changed some settings and then the next time I tried to run it, it crashed retroarch. Doesn’t even show bios or anything. I went to the config folder to delete the settings file, but guess what, there’s none. Tried deleting the core and installing again and same thing. What the feaking hell? This is just nonsensical. Someone, please, help me.

Check the retroarch-core-options.cfg file and delete any lines that start with “reicast” or “flycast”

2 Likes

Yeah, that fixed the issue. It was the “boot to bios” setting that was causing the problem. I’ve tried with numerous bios files and it always crashes, and, in the core info, the text remains red, saying that it’s missing the files. This only happened to me with the 3DO core, but the bios is working anyway.

I’ve got the same problem - especially with half life - I’ve done the above and cleared all mention of reicast or flycast.

Still does the same though.

I had it happening to me with King of Fighters Evolution and solved it by returning to the default settings. The emulator seems to be a bit unstable. Retroarch even closes sometimes just for navigating the menu. On the plus side, it has really good upscaling settings.

[FIX] To fix this issue proceed as follows : 1- Load HL or any dreamcast game with flycast 2- Immediately hit the retroarch “quick settings menu” 3- Go to “options” 4- Go to “Force Windows CE mode” and activate it

Works flawlessly now

1 Like