Force feedback for DirectInput devices?

From what I’ve gathered after searching the forum is that Windows version of RetroArch only supports force feedback for Xinput devices. I was curious if anyone knew of a solution to get this functionality working with my Logitech Rumblepad 2?

I didn’t seem to have any luck when using x360ce or the SDL2 input device driver :frowning:

UPDATE:

Force feedback works when using x360ce in combination with the SDL2 input device driver and selecting the emulated Xinput controller in the input settings menu.

I’m just new here and know nothing but did you try to mess with some of this options?

It turns out I can make my Logitech Rumblepad 2 work with force feedback by using x360ce and selecting the SDL2 input device driver in the RGUI menu. What happens is the SDL driver detects both the emulated Xinput device that’s created by x360ce and the normal DirectInput one so I just have to make sure the emulated Xinput device is set for User 1 in the input settings menu.

I wasn’t succeeding before because I was trying to use x360ce with the Xinput device driver and I don’t think it could differentiate between the two devices (I also tried all sorts of hook / mask options within x360ce to try and prevent RetroArch from detecting the normal DirectInput device). I had removed x360ce before attempting to test the SDL2 input device driver thinking that it wouldn’t be necessary, but it turns out that was the only way it was ever going to work!

As a side note (in case this helps others), Logitech Gaming Software v5.10 needs to be installed for force feedback to function with this controller, newer versions don’t seem to support it any longer.

clever solution! thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

very clever indeed I’m proud of you cause now other people can be helped too :slight_smile:

very clever indeed I’m proud of you cause now other people can be helped too :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh yeah since I’m playing a game and I’m getting this problem I wanted to ask if someone know why sometimes I get this yellow message in the middle of my gameplay like the one in the screenshot I took

[QUOTE=NetSphereEngineer;23454]

[/QUOTE]

That means it’s recognizing your controller. Perhaps your USB connection is loose/finicky?

I don’t think so and if it was disconnecting by itself I would hear the windows USB sound every time since my controller is always plugged in. Maybe it is because I’m using a nightly? I’m going to try a more recent version!

EDIT: I tried the latest nightly and it still gives me the message but this time the game doesn’t hang for a second like the old one I’m using did it just displays the yellow message but I can play as nothing has happened.

Is there any option that I can choose to fix this cause I really like this nightly or should I just use a stable version?

keep using the nightlies, as they’re going to become the new stable very soon. I think in the font settings, you can either disable onscreen messages altogether or else make the font very small so you can’t really see it.

Thanks I will do that and if I find more problems I can always report and help the development :slight_smile:

Oh little last doubt: Do you how can I circle between using the digital pad or the analog ones when emulating playstation games? Like pressing that analog button on the original controller that used to have a little red light?

There’s a core option that handles it. It can’t be mapped to a button on its own, but there’s a hardcoded button combo that exists in standalone mednafen, as well. Unfortunately, that hardcoded combo is sometimes used to force reset PS1 games, so I’m not altogether sure why Ryphecha chose it…

Thanks! I think it’s the spacebar in the standalone but I don’t remember to reset anything. But it’s OK I was just curious the way it is not that bad so all clear here :slight_smile: