Frontend = Crash

Why’s this happening? I did a reinstall on my iPhone and 1.0.0.2.1 crashes when I hit ‘frontend’ it used to work 100%

I have iFile, BTStack, afc2add 2

I was having that exact issue. That’s why I moved to nightly builds.

I hope 1.2 is just install > done.

… I don’t know how to fix things like this. :c

So I tried to import my old settings.

Frontend still crashes.

I cannot connect my PS3 remote, or put an overlay to control things.

What do I do? :'c

[QUOTE=Darnassus;25750]So I tried to import my old settings.

Frontend still crashes.

I cannot connect my PS3 remote, or put an overlay to control things.

What do I do? :'c[/QUOTE]

same here on my ipad mini with 8.4 on it. Retroarch 1.0.0.2

there’s an easy workaround: with ifile or sth create a frontend.cfg textfile in your .Retroarch folder (usually in var/mobile/documents). Its a hidden folder so check ur ifile settings if u cant find it. write following lines into it and save it as frontend.cfg:

ios_tv_mode = “false” ios_btmode = “btstack” ios_allow_portrait = “true” ios_allow_portrait_upside_down = “true” ios_allow_landscape_left = “true” ios_allow_landscape_right = “true”

When u launch retroarch ur bt stack should reenable and look for controllers. Controller might not be configuredyet, but you will be able to set everything of importance once u launch a game and get into the rgui. Only use the frontend to launch games/choose cores.

if u have no overlays, remove all your oth cfgs, as retroarch usually launches WITH overlays.

[QUOTE=Dixxhead;25838]same here on my ipad mini with 8.4 on it. Retroarch 1.0.0.2

there’s an easy workaround: with ifile or sth create a frontend.cfg textfile in your .Retroarch folder (usually in var/mobile/documents). Its a hidden folder so check ur ifile settings if u cant find it. write following lines into it and save it as frontend.cfg:

ios_tv_mode = “false” ios_btmode = “btstack” ios_allow_portrait = “true” ios_allow_portrait_upside_down = “true” ios_allow_landscape_left = “true” ios_allow_landscape_right = “true”

When u launch retroarch ur bt stack should reenable and look for controllers. Controller might not be configuredyet, but you will be able to set everything of importance once u launch a game and get into the rgui. Only use the frontend to launch games/choose cores.

if u have no overlays, remove all your oth cfgs, as retroarch usually launches WITH overlays.[/QUOTE]

I still can’t use frontend. I configured it all through RGUI

Thanks for the code ;d

Found my write issue made it difficult.

Everything works through this little bypass but I’d prefer frontend to launch properly… oh well.

[QUOTE=Dixxhead;25838]same here on my ipad mini with 8.4 on it. Retroarch 1.0.0.2

if u have no overlays, remove all your oth cfgs, as retroarch usually launches WITH overlays.[/QUOTE]

Weird i dont even have this file in my files i have hidden files enabled ect i did create one but it ends up doing aboslutely nothing lol.

It’s located in private/var/mobile/Documents, a hidden folder labelled ‘.RetroArch’. You create a file, insert that string of text inside it, and name the file ‘frontend.cfg’; make sure you’ve placed it in the hidden ‘.RetroArch’ file. You still won’t be able to access the Frontend menu, but this will allow you to connect your controller anyway. You may have to install a tweak or respring for the effects to take place.

I have followed all of your steps but it doesn’t seem to work. I have checked and BTstack is working in other apps like GTA Vice city and I have put the file in the .RetroArch folder. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it something wrong with my phone?