G-sync problem with windows 7 desktop composition desactivated (d3d11)

G-sync problem with desktop 7 desktop composition (aero) desactivated with D3D11

I noticed a problem with windows 7 and aero disabled and g-sync enabled with D3D11. It is impossible for me to obtain a perfect syncronization, be the music jumps, be the image jumps. I’m getting better with the frame delay but it’s never perfect. If I activate AERO, it works again but I feel that lag input increases slightly

Is it possible to solve this problem? D3D11 gives an excellent result under windows in terms of input lag.

I said that I have no problem with vulkan. It is a concern with D3D11, g-sync and desktop composition disabled

I specify that I disable desktop composition directly in windows

I think gsync doesn’t work without aero in win7.

Still, it works well with modern games … where is the problem?

And it works with vulkan … it’s really a bug related to windows and d3d11, the way windows uses its interface

I read I do not know or that without aero windows 7 deals with its interface without cache or I do not know what, it’s raw

I will test with mame stand alone

ok, I tested with mame alone and it seems to work perfectly, I just activate the throotle, that’s all.

There is something in retroarch that does not work the same way

Why don’t you use vulkan? It has the least input lag out of any other driver.

Well i compared vulkan and d3d11 with aero disabled and d3d11 seems to be slightly better in responsiveness.

Under vulkan, aero or not, it does not change anything (because windows does not turn under vulkan natively) but under d3d11 this affects the lag input

Obviously this only works with windows 7, since it is impossible to disable aero under windows 10 (well if it’s complicated, and the option was removed from retroarch, and it did not work)

To put it simply, vulkan wins on windows 10 but on windows 7 with the possibility of disabled aero, it is d3d11 that seems better

This is most probably all placebo. There is no reason for DX11 to have lower latency than Vulkan.

Furthermore, disabling aero does nothing useful when you use exclussive fullscreen mode, other than freeing a small amount of VRAM.

Ok here are my results

I filmed in 60fps and then I advanced frame by frame with VLC

I get the same result in d3d11 with vulkan … mario on super mario world jumps to the 4th frame. So yes, obviously it’s a placebo effect. There was a member who had placed a led on the controller to test, I would have to do the same thing.

On the other hand the exclusive mode full screen does not disable aero, so you have the graphical interface of windows still in progress but in addition to retroarch which causes the lag input, that I could verify it many times. (at least without G-SYNC) If you reactivated aero there is no problem, so it’s good that aero has an influence. (always with d3d11)

But even if it’s placebo effect (which is obviously the case), I would really like D3D11 to work with g-sync and aero off

EDIT : It seems that with the G-SYNC we get the same result aero enabled or disabled for the input lag