Gamelist.xm to RetroArch playlist converter made in KMP for desktop

Hello retro gamers, I hope you are doing good. I have just published my open source project. Couple of time I heard some folks asking about how to convert gamelist.xml to RetroArch playlist, and I needed it too. So, I have created this desktop tool for all of us :).

UI is highly inspired by GameList Editor, so it is familiar to its users. I hope you find it useful.

Please provide me with feedback, as this is my frist KMP release.

Right now, I have compiled only debug version for Windows in the GitHub. I have some issues compiling release version. As for MacOS and Linux, you will have to build the project from Android Studio. I will try to provide executables later on in the release section of my github.

Here is the full documentation link: https://github.com/bnovakovic/GameList_Converter/blob/main/Documentation/UserManual/UserManual.adoc

And github link: https://github.com/bnovakovic/GameList_Converter

And, of course, some screenshots

4 Likes

Looks great! I know a lot of people really like the EmulationStation scanner, so letting them scan there and then move over to RetroArch seems like a good capability.

2 Likes

Thanks, worked on this for two weeks, so it’s not super complex to make. I hope it will reach a lot of people, and that I can gather some feedback and improve it.

3 Likes

Great work thank you Is it possible for this conversion method to work on Retroarch Android?

1 Like

I think it does. Retro arch has one codebase for all platforms, so I assume playlist format is the same. You will just have to manually copy the playlist and change this:

"scan_content_dir": "your_android_dir",

Replace your_android_dir with directory in android where roms for the given list are located.

1 Like

All three platforms builds (Windows, Linux and MacOs) are available now in the release section. I cannot edit the post, so if moderators can replace

Right now, I have compiled only debug version for Windows in the GitHub. I have some issues compiling release version. As for MacOS and Linux, you will have to build the project from Android Studio. I will try to provide executables later on in the release section of my github.

with

All three platforms builds (Windows, Linux and MacOs) are available now in the release section.

I would appreciate it. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like