Gamepad not configured

I’m at a loss. I’ve had this issue before and gave up. I noticed there was an update for RA so I figured I would give it a try. I have a Fire Tv 2 and a Logitech F310 wired USB controller. I can use the controller with the FireTv as if it were the remote control. When I load RA and attempt to use gamepad it nags me about generic xbox controller not configured. I bind all the buttons, confirm by using gamepad throughout menus which is a success, save autoconfig, quit out of RA (even applied save current config). When I restart, no dice. Again tells me not configured. I have tried several nightlies and just today the new Play store version. Might not be meant to be but I figured I would ask one last time. Thanks for any help.

perhaps it’s having trouble writing the autoconfig file…? You could go to settings > directory and change it to something user-writeable, go to the online updater and re-fetch the autoconfig profiles and then bind and re-save yours. Quit and come back and see if that treats you any better.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it. But heres a kicker. If I hit anything on the FireTv remote it will say that the remote is configured. The gamepad then works! Just need to fnd a way around the extra step

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it. But heres a kicker. If I hit anything on the FireTv remote it will say that the remote is configured. The gamepad then works! What could cause this

We had to do some hardcoded input stuff for FireTVs. It could be related to that.