Gamepad not working with SNES 9x Next

I used to use a separate emulator SNES 9x EX but I noticed a lack of a sound effect I knew was there that I wasn’t hearing. So I switched to SNES 9x Next in RetroArch and sure enough the sound effect is there.

The problem is I can’t get my Gametel pad to work. I already have it set up and working with Genesis Plus GX, and PSCX REArmed. And it’s been so long ago when I first set it up, I don’t remember how I got it to work. I have btstack installed and I checked, it still works fine as soon as I boot up a Sega CD or PSX game. But I just can’t get it to register with SNES, some help please?

Just to check, do the touch on screen controls work even though the game pad does not? For me, mednafen psx emulator runs, but both the touch screen input or my gamepad do anything… (and in other cores like gba, snes, it is ok)

touch pad works, game pad does not work even though it is on and immediately registering with other cores. The thing is I tried Bnes and it didn’t work with that (Bnes was laggy so I switched to SNES 9x Next) so maybe there was some sort of initial config I did with the others I just can’t remember where I did it? I tried the settings and input options and that doesn’t seem to work.

Nevermind I got it working. What I had to do is configure the settings before loading any content. The menu looked different too. Instead of grey with small letters it was a white background. When I selected SNES 9x Next then found the configure/settings or whatever it was. When I went down to the various buttons and touched it on the touch screen, the button on the gamepad actually registered. Where it DIDN’T register when I tried to do it via the other menu while the game was loaded. If anyone has this problem they should do that.

What tipped me off was when I was fiddling with the core settings without loading anything I noticed 2 emus showed up, the Sega one and PSX one and I knew those were both of the ones I use all the time. So I thought, maybe I set it up here. And it looks like I did. Thanks for chiming in though!