Games is launched but RetroArch crach

Hello,

I installed, made some settings as explained, downloaded and loaded some cores to be emulated. But whatever the system and game, the result is similar:

1- RetroARCH close his window so deshtop appears, then we see a Dos window and game starts. 2- When I exit the game, no more RetroARCH. I have to run it again.

I trypied both 1.2.2 x86 AND x64 versions

My system is : intel i7 3.4GHZ 64 BITS windows.

Can you support me ?

thanks in advance

It sounds like it’s working correctly. If you want to change cores/games, bring up the in-game menu (default mapping is F1) and then hit the ‘cancel’ button (default mapping is ‘X’ key on the keyboard) a few times until you see ‘load core’, ‘load content’, ‘load recent’, etc. You can change games without leaving RetroArch from there.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. OK for the game exit. I succeeded to exit the game and go back to RA. But the process is a little complex … ESC to go back in menu should have been much more easy.

Nevertheless the game entry transition issue is not solved : In all Demo video on youtube I see, when you run the game, it is very clean and integrated, I mean the game screen appears straight, like a popup screen on RA. In my case, when I click “load content” -> “as a core” , the RetroArch screen is removed first , then we see the windows desktop and a DOS screen and after a few seconds, the game appears.

Do you have an idea ?

Hello,

Nobody can help ?

Thanks in advance.

This is just a result of how RetroArch works and cant be changed. RetroArch destroys and creates a new GL context when you load a game and this is why the main window disappears on PC.

Hello,

Excuses me but I have the feeling not to be clear enouh.

In fact, the behavior on my PC is not the same as the one I can see on RArch video tutorials on youtube (Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwqwCnRLeUs).

In videos the transition we can see is : 1- Retroarch disapears and is replaced by a total black screen 2- A few seconds later, the game screen appears

In my case 1- Retroarch disapears and is replaced by the windows desktop and a DOS screen with commands in progress 2- A few seconds later, the game screen appears