Games running slowly

when I play tekken it runs awfully slow. what can I try so it wont be like that? unplayable at the moment. same with smackdown 2: kyr. its even slower. all cores produce same result.

If all of your cores are running very slowly, including extremely lightweight cores like gambatte or fceumm, you probably have a sync issue. This is often caused by your GPU control panel forcing vsync on top of RetroArch’s own vsync.

1 Like

okay, for starters I’m on Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro. So I think I’m pretty good in the hardware sense. Now as far as settings go I’m pretty much doing default with the cores settings. is there anything I should look into?

Try that tip, above, about turning off nvidia’s vsync and see if that helps you (I’m assuming those shields have standard settings, I don’t know much about them).

Ah, Android. This is important information. Did you sideload the apk from our website or install the version from the Play Store? If the latter, you might try the former to see if it treats you any better.

I got it from playstore, yeah.

For the future - should I always bypass playstore version and instead download and install the version from the website? Can you at least in short tell me why it is better vs. the one in playstore? main differences at least? really interesting.

Yes, Google won’t allow us to update the version in the Play Store unless/until we implement their “scoped storage” API, which was introduced in Android v11, but there doesn’t appear to be any way to do that without using their development tools, which would represent a massive amount of work and as well as a major maintenance burden.

So, the Play Store version is just frozen in time, while the version on our website (and every other storefront that’s not controlled by Google and used to push their agenda) continues to receive updates and additional features, etc.

thanks for telling me this, I never knew that. yeah screw google, I agree. will update and see how things are now. :slight_smile: