Gamestarter: RetroArch for LibreELEC/Kodi

Available add-ons

• RetroArch: the official frontend for Libretro cores with a lot of features and settings used by Lakka.
  • Advanced Emulator Launcher: Best way to integrate and launch your game collections in Kodi.
  • EmulationStation: a nice frontend ​also used by RetroPie and Recalbox.
  • DraStic RPi: Experimental Nintendo DS emulator for Raspberry Pi 2/3.
  • PPSSPP RPi: PSP emulator for Raspberry Pi 2/3.

Download & Info

enjoy!

:video_game:

Do you have any suggestions for those of us using x86 based systems? I’m struggling here to figure this thing out! I’m looking for the above solution but can’t seem to get one to work. I’m running LibreElec 7.9x on x86 hardware. Libre works great! I’m running Kodi v17.

I have tried running an old version of RetroArch. That didn’t work. I have installed two different versions of Gamestarter and neither worked. What seems to happen is when you load a game it bombs whenever it enters the emulator. When it bombs it does not error out, the emulator just quits and sends you right back into Kodi.

I put a post out to Zach Morris and he had me go through and set the emulator for each specific system within his addon. This failed idetically to Gamestarter… The game addon would trigger the emulator and I’d get the splash screen from the emulator and the screen would take me back into kodi.

Anyhow, any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Let me know any logs you may need. Below is a pic of the log file you have listed. This is shown as a screenshot on my laptop. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Joe

For x86 based libreelec I suggest you to take a look to this build: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-302.html You can use it directy or make alternative intallation and grab from it required binaries and scripts.

Latest addon release v2.9 includes a zip version for Generic X86_64!!

enjoy!

2 Likes

iam just using this method to solve that problem raspberry pi kodi

I’ve installed RetroArch via this repo, on an Intel NUC LibreElec installation. However, I’m running into a very curious problem in the XMB menu; when I start RetroArch, it seems to work, but no input devices seem to work. Nothing happens when I press keyboard buttons, nor when I press buttons on various controllers I tried. The controllers are correctly recognized in a yellow overlay text. The only thing that’s working is the mouse cursor, which is moving, but the mouse buttons are not working.

Any idea what’s wrong?

Follow this issue over here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/287-gamestarter-retrogaming-add-ons-rpi-generic/?postID=66487#post66487