Gamevice compatible? (Analog Sticks?)

This controller for iOS has finally been released. Will this work the Retroarch (including the analog sticks)? I play a lot of N64 and just want to make sure.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HHYP2VC/A/gamevice-controller-for-ipad-mini

I’ve heard that people have problems getting analog sticks to work on Retroarch because you have to set Retroarch to keyboard mode or something of the sort.

Can someone explain this to me?

Shouldn’t be a problem. If you can access frontend you can map the thumbsticks yourself. Then in RGUI just pick ‘Controller /w Analog’ setting to activate it. ;d

I may be wrong though.

That controller kinda sucks I find, is there any other button other than the ‘Start’ and ‘Select’ you could use to bring up the RGUI? I guess you can always use touch screen. ':x

Looks like this topic hasn’t been visited in a while, but I’m wondering if anyone knows how to map controls for gamevice in the latest iOS RetroArch version (1.6.7, I believe). I don’t see a “Controller /w Analog” setting anymore…can anyone walk me through how to get it to work?

I’m not sure where it is in General Settings but I usually change it in the core controller options in the quick menu.

Also, and bringing things back around, but RA works fine with gamevice.