Garbled Music With Higan Accuracy Core

When I try to run a Game Boy game with the Higan Accuracy core I get extremely garbled music.

If I switch the audio driver to Wasapi it gets better. Increasing Audio Latency to crazy high numbers also helps. But neither completely eliminates the problem. The same R.O.M.'s when run in Gambatte have no issues at all.

I also tried Higan Balanced to see if that would help and I couldn’t get it to run anything at all. Any ideas?

Higan accuracy + SGB is very performance demanding. Is it just the audio is garbled or is the framerate also choppy?

The framerate holds just under sixty- doesn’t seem choppy to me.

I tried the balanced core but couldn’t get it to load anything.

Okay apparently, I’m getting around fifty five frames per second. I was looking at the count in the menu before. Can’t seem to find a way to get it any higher. Any ideas?

There’s not much you can do, unfortunately, other than buying a faster CPU. Your best bet is to try and figure out what’s holding back the nSide balanced core from loading on your system.

An AMD FX-8370 Eight Core @ 4 GHz is not fast enough?

Okay, I tried a different version of the nSide core I found here: https://github.com/hex-usr/nSide/releases

It appears to be running without any audio problems- but only time will tell. Thanks for all your help!

1 Like