GB games in SGB mode

Will any of the GB / GBA emulators play the gameboy games that are Super Gameboy compatible in the SGB mode?

You can use the bsnes cores with the --subsystem option from the command line but it’s a hassle and doesn’t work everywhere (Windows-only, maybe? I forget; it’s weird either way and we don’t know why it doesn’t work everywhere).

I’ve tried that. I got it to work with some games but the borders have glitches. Plus the #1 game I want to play in SGB mode is Donkey Kong, and it just gives a black screen on that game. If SGB games work on VBA, shouldn’t that core be compatible? It will only load GBA games though.

Donkey Kong works for me, though the borders are corrupt: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5530&p=38802 Check that your CRC matches for all three files.

[QUOTE=larch1991;38815]Donkey Kong works for me, though the borders are corrupt: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5530&p=38802 Check that your CRC matches for all three files.[/QUOTE]

CRC-32: [ul] [li]sgb.boot.rom ec8a83b9[/li][li]Super Gameboy 2 (Japan).sfc cb176e45[/li][li]Donkey Kong (World) (Rev A) (SGB Enhanced).gb f777a5d8[/li][/ul]

Mine matches these completely. Still get black screen. What command are you using to run it?

"C:\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L "C:\RetroArch\cores\bsnes_mercury_accuracy_libretro.dll" "C:\Games\Nintendo\SFC\Super Game Boy 2 (Japan).sfc" --subsystem sgb "C:\Games\Nintendo\SGB\Donkey Kong (World) (Rev A) (SGB Enhanced).gb"

sgb.boot.rom is located in “C:\RetroArch\system” and that folder is configured as the System/BIOS directory.

It would be great to have this stuff launch automatically, at least in bsnes-mercury.

I mean having those sgb, satellaview and sufamiturbo bios in the system folder, and then you can just launch those games with automatic detection. I read higan was detecting those bios this way now but haven’t verified.

(I don’t think satellaview and sufamiturbo work in retroarch at this time, even with command line launching)

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;38877]It would be great to have this stuff launch automatically, at least in bsnes-mercury.[/quote]I agree. I tried setting up a playlist to launch SGB games, but it seems like that’s not currently possible. I couldn’t get it to work correctly with games inside zip archives either. If I remember correctly, the issue was that save states weren’t working. And per-game overrides only look at the gameboy rom name, they don’t work for the super gameboy rom. Ideally it would be tiered so that I’d have a single override set up for the SGB rom (since they’re a different aspect ratio and scale) and then per-game GB overrides on top of that if necessary.

[ul] [li]Loading the SGB rom on its own - override works (7x7 integer)[/li][li]SGB rom used to load a GB game - uses default SNES config (4:3 non-integer) instead of SGB override[/li][li]SGB rom loading a GB game with a config override for the GB rom - works[/li][/ul]

I know this is an old issue, but it’s still a problem. I tried the command line using both the SGB Rev 2 and SGB2 ROMs and my Game Boy ROM, but it had major corruption issues that went past just a funny border.