GBA Cable Link i need some help

Hi there, again, look yesterday i am try to play some GBA games using GBA Cable Link, via “Network -> Host / Connect to server” in an “Ad Hoc” (Wifi Intranet) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits.

Well the thing was, when i create the game and connected, retroarch in a few moments show a message saying “Error assigning ports”, and well the GBA Link connection never works.

Someone can explainme what i am doing wrong ? because that message of “Error assigning ports” is strange for me, because appears include when the firewall services or similar are complety disabled.

And well the games just stay on “Waiting for Another Players” after retroarch says for example “Inukaze connected as Player 1” & “RetroArch connected as Player 2”, and never do nothing more when i try to play multiplayers GBA Games.

We don’t have any GBA cores that can do link-cable multiplayer, unfortunately.

Thanks, well i try with standalone version of “VisualBoyAdvance-M” but constantly disconnect players xD

Dunno why any core support that like an “Experimental Feature” ?

For the anothers cores works very fine the netplay feature.

it requires having 2 instances of the core running on both ends and then syncing between each instance for the link cable and then both players (so, 4 things to keep in sync). mGBA may be able to do it at some point (I think standalone mGBA can do it already, maybe…?) but not in the libretro core.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion i not had try mGBA yet for GBA Linking. well i hope works better the Mesen, Fceux, Snes9x Standalone emulators, because something strange happend in the Standalone versions of That Emulators

Standalone Mesen & Fceux -> Connect and Sync but lost 57 FPS of 60 :’(

Standalone Snes9x -> Connect, Sync & had stable fps , but in some point the sync lost by a moment and that provoke i see one thing on screen and the another players see things complety differents.

But with RetroArch cores, works perfectly :smiley: because of that i try with retroarch for GBA Linking xD

Hopefully something that be Changed in the Future

Have you Tried it on mGBA?

it requires having 2 instances of the core running on both ends and then syncing between each instance for the link cable and then both players (so, 4 things to keep in sync). mGBA may be able to do it at some point (I think standalone mGBA can do it already, maybe…?) but not in the libretro core.

I tried it and had Success with it

1 Like

Hey, sorry to dig the old posts, just wondering if anyone knows that any plan/projects of GBA Core support Netplay? Recently playing Shining Souls2 and this is my favorite GBA game when I was young, just a pity things that no friend play with me. :no_mouth:

with RetroArch for NetPlay you had some limitations like :

1 - All players must using exactaly the same rom

2 - You can’ use RetroArch Netplay for Trades (Games like : Pokemon, Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow, etc)

3 - On my case if i play N64 via intranet with 2/3 or 4 Players with Mupen64Plus and or ParaLLEi the controls not answer on character selection on Super Smash Bros in every version of roms.

4 - You can play flawless for example another things like : Mario Kart Advance (GBA), Captain Commando (4 Players, Arcade), Nes Games, Snes Games, Gba Games, PC-Engine Games.

5 - Is very slowpoke speed if you try N64, PlayStation 1, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, etc . . .