Generic PS1 controller on Mupen64. Autoconfig doesnt work correctly

Hello.

Recently I got an old Generic PS1 controller, and im trying to use it to play N64 games on Retroarch in an old Notebook I have. But the ‘autoconfig’ is doing something wrong. Here’s the details:

When I plug the controller, it identifies it as “DragonRise_Inc._Generic___USB__Joystick”. Ingame, is works with this buttons changed in the D-pads: Left d-pad up(y-plus) does what was supposed to be the Right d-pad left (x-minus). And vice-versa. And the Left d-pad down does the Right d-pad right action.

So, to fix it i use my other notebook, i needed to go to the retroarch config directory, open the ‘autoconfig’, and inside the ‘udev’ folder I found the “DragonRise_Inc._Generic___USB__Joystick.cfg”. Here, I change: input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+3” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-3”

To: input_l_y_plus_axis = “+3” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-3” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+1” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-1”

Can it be a bug from the upstream autoconfig files? Or is it my generic controler that works wrong? It would be nice if it worked out of the box, so i wouldnt need to change the file at every update. Thanks.

The reason is that the company uses the same vid/pid for all of their controllers, which is unfortunate. Not much to be done about that, other than just saving your autoconfig over the top of it and then copy your autoconfig directory somewhere else and point to it in settings > directory. That way it won’t get overwritten when you update.