Generic USB controller mapping works but retroarch complains of it not configured

Hi everyone,

I would like to see if someone can help me here. I have a couple of xbox 360 controllers set up and another 2 usb generic nintendo 64 like controllers. The xbox ones work flawlessly but I cannot make the other 2 work. Retroarch finds them and I can even configure them as input 3 and 4 setting the buttons. But when I try to play games like Super Bomberman with 4 players, they are not recognized. Even just setting one of them as primary one, I cannot move through the menu in Retroarch. At startup, I can see logs complaining of them not being configured even though I’ve just done that. I also have 2 wiimotes connected through a Mayflash Dolphin Bar that I cannot even map. These last 2 I don’t care much as long as I can map the generic ones. Could this be related to the controllers themselves? Windows recognizes them and as I said, I can map buttons in the menu but then they just don’t work. I’ve tried using all the joypad drivers to no use. Another thing I’ve noticed is that every time I connect and disconnect usb controllers, my previous order of input devices is removed. I connect the xbox controllers through wireless receivers that are always attached but they are only detected once I press the home button in the controller. The Mayflash bar configures 4 wiimotes even when they are not connected so 4 input controllers are always there in the Windows gamepads list. Is there any way to tell Retroarch to always have the same inputs configured in the same order, no matter whether it’s already connected or not?

Thanks.