Genesis Plus GX window resizing issue

So far Genesis Plus GX works perfectly fine with the games I’m running with, but it suffers from this really annoying bug here. Every time I load up a ROM on GPGX, the window does not automatically size itself up properly. I have to manually resize the window scale setting every time I boot up or restart a ROM. I have my current window scale setting at 3X, but every time during start up or restart, the window appears as if it’s 2.5X. It does not load up at the default 3X settiing every time.

Any way I can fix this problem here? It only applies to Genesis Plus GX. All the other cores don’t seem to have this window resizing issue.

Yeah, this has something to do with the way Genesis/Mega Drive functions. We would do something about but I recall ekeeke (upstream genplusgx author) wasn’t into it for accuracy reasons.

I… don’t get it? How would window resizing affect emulation accuracy?

It has to do with the way it creates the context of a certain resolution. The initial context is smaller than the final resolution, so it squishes the bigger, final resolution into the smaller window. Ideally, it would go ahead and create the larger context, but the console wouldn’t know the resolution was going to be bigger, so the core doesn’t either. Or something like that >.>

You can also toggle fullscreen and then back to windowed to get it right, I think.