Getting MAME artwork to show? (Also: Resolution/artwork woes)

Mame_libretro is able to find artwork if I place it in the RetroArch/system/mame/artwork directory. It does not find it if I keep it in my /MAME/Artwork directory and specify that path in RetroArch/system/mame/ini/mame.ini. Any way to avoid having to move (or duplicate) my artwork?

On the same topic, we return to the 960x720 resolution limitation, which I thought I’d solved by isolating all the vector games and coordinating to use regular MAME.EXE for those. But it turns out that the 720p limitation affects any game that uses artwork. A 1080p bezel or background gets scaled to 720p and back to 1080p, with predictable results. I have also noticed that shaders (SABR etc.) get applied to everything, including the artwork. I do not suspect there is currently a solution to the latter issue, but I feel it’s a significant enough problem to see some priority. After all, the main reason, in my opinion, for using RetroArch over regular MAME is the shaders.

according to hunterk there is no workaround. have asked few days ago … Official MAME2014 Artworks only low Resolution with RA