Getting PS button (Xinput guide button) to open the menu

I’m using my DualShock 3 with SCP to emulate Xinput. It works fine, other than the fact that the PS button doesn’t open the menu for some reason.

I’ve been using my DS3 via USB until some time ago, and the PS button was working fine. When I reinstalled the SCP drivers to add bluetooth support, this function stopped working. I can play normally, only the PS button stopped working.

It works fine with other games and progams though, such as Steam Big PIcture, so it’s being recognized by Windows. Only RetroArch stopped recocgnizing it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You have to use input joypad driver XINPUT for this to work

Hmm, nope. Still no luck. I enabled Xinput under driver options but it still doesn’t recognize the input. I forgot to mention that I updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Could this have anything to do with the issue?

Yes, Win10 hijacks the guide button

Aw, shucks. Anyway, thanks for the assistance.

I managed to get it working again on my laptop by turning off GameDVR in the Xbox app and restarting.

If you’re on Win10 there is a workaround for it not letting your ds3tool get “exclusive mode” on your controller. This might fix the button issue. Disable the windows service “Network List Service”. For some unknown reason, that service in windows blocks any controller mapping application from using exclusive mode. This should work for any controller mapping software too not just DS3Tool. Hope that helps.