Glitched Graphics in Super Mario World using Higansfc (Accuracy) core

I was using the Higansfc (accuracy) core when playing Super Mario World, and when I got to the Ludwig boss fight at the end of world 4, there appear to be glitched and flickering lines directly above Ludwig whenever he jumps, as well as when he reaches the right edge of the area. I have not seen any such glitched lines in other SNES cores, nor have I seen them in any standalone emulators that I have used. The Higan core is supposed to be the most accurate core, and yet it has these glitched graphics that do not appear on a real SNES. The video linked below details this phenomena.

Any solution would be much appreciated, and I hope that I have posted this to the correct forum.

The first steps are to ensure that your ROM matches a verified No-Intro hash (which will usually be the case if it’s picked up by our playlist scanner) and then check to see if it happens in higan standalone.

It’d also be good to see if anyone else can reproduce it.

If you post a save state I’m glad to investigate…

I have checked that my ROM matches a verified No-Intro hash, and I noticed that in the standalone version of Higan, the flickering line is almost completely eliminated, but occasionally would still appear for a frame or two. It is also worth noting that this glitch is present in both the regular Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars + World, but it is far more pervasive in the latter. No matter what, this glitch occurs to some extent. The worst of this glitch occurs in Super Mario All-Stars + World, but it also occurs in Super Mario World, and it happens with both the Libretro Higansfc core as well as standalone Higan. However, it is barely noticeable in the standalone, but still present, while it is incredibly pervasive in the Libretro core. In both cases, Super Mario All-Stars + World had it worst, while Super Mario World still had it, but to a lesser extent.

Here is a save state:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xk8nEwDGFuyO4lVAb0W1vw0FTYqdXy36/view?usp=sharing

It is from the regular version of Super Mario World, so the glitch should be less pervasive, but still noticeable after playing for a bit. It is to be used with a verified No-Intro version of Super Mario World (USA), running in Retroarch with the core “Higansfc (Accuracy).” When loading the state, you will be placed right at the boss fight. It is also worth noting that the video footage that I had uploaded earlier was from Super Mario All-Stars + World.