GLUI scaling modification for desktop

I liked the old GLUI scaling, before more spacing was added between each line for touch-screen purpose. It went a bit worse with this commit. It now looks like this on a 1080p screen with Force DPI on 150.

That’s not really great when you’re in front of a PC monitor, but this commit showed me where the font scaling is. So I changed it and went with:

menu->display.font.size      = scale_factor / 5;

And while at it, I searched for the menu bars to make them transparent like the selection bar (it was annoying when trying to adjust overscan settings with shaders or cores option). Looks like this now with force DPI 86.

Little issue is the overlapping of text in the bottom with long lists. Not that bad though. This kind of list is much easier to scroll through with a global view, makes me feel like changing the FOV setting in an FPS. :slight_smile:

EDIT: The bar transparency modification changed recently (still in menu/drivers/glui.c around line 390):

for (i = 0; i < 16; i++)
   {
      coord_color[i]  = 0;
      coord_color2[i] = 1.0f;
      black_bg[i]     = 0;
      bar_bg[i]       = 0.2; ---> 1 is white, 0.5 is nice with 0.1f transparency for dark grey
      highlight_bg[i] = 1;
      white_bg[i]     = 1;

if (i == 3 || i == 7 || i == 11 || i == 15)
      {
         black_bg[i]     = 0.75f;
         coord_color[i]  = 0.75f;
         coord_color2[i] = 0.75f;
         bar_bg[i]       = 1.00f; --->0.1f makes transparent, opacity 10%
         highlight_bg[i] = 0.1f;
      }
   }