Good android device for retroarch

Hi

I am using retroarch with great satisfaction on my 42’’ Sony lcd using windows 7 pc.

Recently I found about some fantastic bluetooth controllers from http://www.8bitdo.com/ An idea came to my mind to buy some mobile android device and use those controllers on any occasions. I have never used android device earlier, my questions are:

Is it possible to use android retroarch device and run 32/64 bit systems games fullspeed (mupen64 and mednafen psx cores)? Can I use lottes shader with android device fullspeed with 16 bit/mame cores? Does android retroarch gets more input lag comparing to windows retroarch? Are there 4:3 display android devices suited for retroarch?

Thank you

Mednafen ps1 runs slow on most android devices but the ps1 core for android PCSX rearmed runs fullspeed in all android devices I have tested. Also Mupen is hit and miss, it runs fullspeed in devices like the shield tv. MAME cores are demanding and require the right romset but the FBA core runs most games fullspeed. Not all shaders work on android.

Crt-lottes doesn’t work on Android. It turns everything green.

Yes, Android has more latency than Windows.

I don’t know of any native 4:3 Android devices.

Actually android’s input lag seems commendable, I get better results on the 240p test suite on my nvidia shield portable than on my PC. Audio lag is trash.

I think the Google Pixel C is 4:3 ? or the nexus 9 I don’t remember

You’re right, nexus 9 is indeed 4:3.

Is there any sensible crt shader on android devices? Have any of you used GPD XD console with retroarch?

You can try this one, which is designed for use with Raspberry Pis, but should work fine with Android, too:

Well I have a galaxy S6 and reproach work great

[QUOTE=Radius;34468]Actually android’s input lag seems commendable, I get better results on the 240p test suite on my nvidia shield portable than on my PC. Audio lag is trash.

I think the Google Pixel C is 4:3 ? or the nexus 9 I don’t remember[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was really surprised that my Shield Console has the same input lag on RetroArch as my Win7 machine, with vsync on.

An to answer the question - Nvidia Shield Console of course :wink:

It’s the ultimate retro emulation machine.

I have a Nexus 9 and a GPD XD, never tried any shaders though. GPD works well apart from the simultaneous button press issue, which affects most Android devices with hardware controls that I’ve tried.