GUI on MacOS

I’m new to RetroArch and I think some GUI behavior is really weird, at least on MacOS.

Pressing ESC (double) to quit the emulator? Why? Wouldn’t it be better to use it to return to the main menu or similar?

Scroll wheel on my mouse is not supported - I navigate with the mouse but can not scroll in the menus. Weird.

There is no specific button in the menu for previous menu or main menu directly. Sometimes it works clicking the very left of the window to reach the previous menu, sometimes it does not work.

Mouse navigation is not a huge priority, in general. Keyboard and gamepad get the most focus and attention.

Navigation is through enter/backspace (or retropad-A/retropad-B, ‘accept’/‘cancel’) to go up/down one menu level, respectively.

You can change the hotkey assignments in settings > input > hotkey binds

Ozone and glui have decent mouse nav now. Left click is enter, right click is go back. Scrolling is a bit weird; it moves the selection cursor up and down instead of the page. If ozone isn’t the default on MacOS, you can switch to it under Settings, Drivers, Menu and restart RetroArch.

1 Like

Thank you! Didn’t know the thing with the right mouse button…

Navigation is weird after all. It’s not that intuitive, at least not for Mac users.