Handy Core - Joust Not Working?

Hi Guys,

I have many cores setup and working fine, however, I’m having trouble with the Handy core for Atari Lynx.

Some games load fine, but I can’t get Joust to load at all. RetroArch turns into a white screen and it crashes.

An error message popped up once, saying the file didn’t contain a rom or something, but I haven’t been able to get the error again or to get anything exported to a log file. It crashes and stops feeding the log file…

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Not sure if you resolved or anyone else has had this issue. I am having this issue as well. Looking for any potential ways to resolve it.

Doesn’t seem to work on my end either. Why not just use Mednafen Lynx instead? It’s really just an improved version of Handy.

I think that no-intro roms removed headers for Lynx, maybe that’s the issue? I know mednafen lynx doesn’t support those instead

Yeah modern No-Intro doesn’t include headers which breaks both Handy and mednafen lynx.

I tried the game with a headered rom and it still doesn’t work with the Handy core, even though I’m sure it did work correctly at some time ago.