Has Glupen64 changed name?

I noticed a lot of cores were updated for Windows, and I’m expecting some name changes according to a thread where some names will be standardized, I’d like to know what names they are now, Glupen64 is not there.

GlupeN64 is merged with Mupen64plus AFAIK.

So now you only have two N64 cores instead of three. Mupen64plus and ParaLLEl.

The only inconvenience with this is that you have to move all your overrides from the Glupen folder to the new Mupen64 folders. That includes remaps, configs and shader overrides.

1 Like

Good to know that man, I’ll copy overrides and remaps and give it a go, thanks for the info.

Tha change wasn’t explained on the main LR homepage, but on the Patreon page:

And the new Parallel core (merged with the old Mupen64plus) doesn’t have the 64dd save “bug”.

For remaps and overrides: “GLupeN64 OpenGL” became “Mupen64Plus OpenGL” And “Mupen64Plus” became “ParaLLEl N64” (edit: i wrote “OpenGL” by mistake)

2 Likes

Is there really a “ParaLLEl OpenGL” folder? I only have “ParaLLEl N64”. Also, i thought ParaLLEl was vulkan only.

Parallel was merged with Mupen64plus. From the link above:

The old ‘mupen64plus libretro’ core has meanwhile been renamed to ‘ParaLLEl N64’, and this single core now has both GL and Vulkan renderers integrated! It will also switch on the fly to Vulkan or GL mode depending on which video driver you have selected in RetroArch!

Regarding the folder… My mistake. Fixed on the previous post

I tested the Mupen core and it seems to be working fine, also remaps from glupen, etc.

Yeah the transition was easy. I was thankful I HAPPEN to check the patreon page (was looking for more dolphin info with my fingers crossed) The best part is now Castlevania 64 and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness work again in Mupen. They were broken when they started adding in vulkan support.