Hello! Best config for PSX games?

Hello everybody! Just registered here…

Ok, I’ll be clear… I’m a noob on RetroArch and not an IT expert so I’ll explain what I’m asking in plain terms. I mostly use RetroArch for PSX (such as Tomb Raider 4) and Nintendo 64 games (such as Super Mario 64 or TLOZ: Ocarina of Time). I use retroarch on my iPad 4 and I notice that the upscaling I think makes old games look very pixelated (“blocky”). They mostly run smooth but some look preeetty bad… What can I do? I use PSX Rearmed to load them.

Are there some configs I may adjust? What exactly are shaders, can they help to smoothen the images and how can I load them?

Thanks everyone for the attention :slight_smile:

I don’t play on ipad I play on ipod touch gen 5. And I can’t play N64 games, but I have played PSX games. Personally I think the default settings are perfect. It displays the game the way the game was intended to be displayed. You shouldn’t want to add any upscaling because that alters the original image. PSX games were like 240p resolution. you can’t add new image data to a 240p resolution to make it look any better. If you want the game to look a wee bit sharper, play on a smaller screen. PSX games were blocky, they just were. The best way to make them look better is to play on a smaller screen.