HELP: Can't run "complex" cores/games

Hi there. I have an LG G3 running Android 5.1.1, and I’ve been using Retro Arch for a little while to play some old console games, like Atari, Master System and Super Nintendo. They all work marvelously.

Thing is recently I have tried running some more “complex” cores, especifically ScummVM, DOSbox and MAME. But sadly none of them works. All the 3 of them have the same result: I load the core, select the game file to run, and the app quits back to the Android main screen.

Could anyone please help me pointing out what I’m doing wrong?

For ScummVM I have downloaded the .ZIP file of a game (Secret of Monkey Island, for example), and I tried running the .ZIP.

For DOSbox, I have tried putting in complete folders of the DOS games I have on my PC (and which works nicely on DOSbox there), and I tried running the executable.

For MAME, I have downloaded a .7z file of some games (for example, Marvel vs Capcom), and I tried running it.

What am I doing wrong, and what do I have to do to make it work?

Thank you in advance!!!

For MAME, it’s probably incorrect ROMs. You need ROMs from exactly the version of MAME that you’re using. If you load up the core and then look in the lower-left corner of the screen, it will tell you the version (for example, mame2003 is actually v0.078).

Dunno about the others.

I tried loading them with all 3 MAME cores, and all of them had the same behaviour…

:frowning:

Thanks!!!

Did you find matching ROMs for each of those sets or did you just randomly try the ones you had (the latter isn’t likely to work).

MAME works you gots-ta use 156 and have the bios pack… or 78, I think… still need bios files, they should all be in the same folder when running them… alternatively FBA runs what it runs like a champ 'sides the games that run upside-down right now for some reason.