Help - CD Player starts when loading PSX games

Hello RetroArchies!

I’m pretty much helpless right now and I hope you can help me. I just configured everything to play some PSX games, but when I start a game I’ll always get the Sony CD Player/Memory Card Reader instead.

[ul] [li]Games are converted from .iso to .bin/.cue with PowerISO. Checked the .cue files, seems to be everything all right.[/li][li]PSX BIOS files (scph5500.BIN; scph5501.BIN; scph5502.BIN) are in “systems” directory[/li][li]Running RetroArch via EmulationStation[/li][li]N64 and SNES running great so far[/li][/ul]

I got Windows 7 Professional and my PC specs exceed the minimum requirements by far.

Let me know if you need some more informations. I really don’t know to handle this problem, I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Greetings, Flo

Your CD image probably got messed up during the conversion process.

Try re-obtaining the image, preferably ripped straight into bin/cue.

You can also look up redump to see if your disk has the proper checksum.

Also, check your core information to make sure that your BIOS images are being recognized (load the core but not any content, go to information > core info).

[QUOTE=Oggom;29674]Your CD image probably got messed up during the conversion process.

Try re-obtaining the image, preferably ripped straight into bin/cue.

You can also look up redump to see if your disk has the proper checksum.[/QUOTE] Okay, I’m getting a new Image right now. Hope this will help, I’ll keep you updated.

Btw, what programs do you suggest for converting ISO’s to BIN/CUE?

The suggestet md5sums are listed, I think it’s okay :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies so far!

EDIT: Hell yeah! It was really the crappy converted ISO-file. Now it’s working great. Thanks guys! :slight_smile: