Help compiling a Mame core for Android

Please help anyone who knows how to compile a libretro core for Android. Anyone who can compile this Mame code that supports the Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix rom for Android, would be very grateful!

Project Link: https://sfz3mix.github.io/

LibRetro Mame 0249 Source: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=11SfQ8XQON2Ul2IqFen8ek44UEsUbU_fr

Anyone who wants to help can contact me on Discord - contact = Zero800

1 Like

Sharing Roms, Bios and other things that you have active copyright is not allowed in the forum for piracy reasons.

MAME does not support Hacks and I don’t think that core can be ported to current RetroArch.

For Arcade Hacks you have FBNeo, you can request it in the project forums, always verifying that it is not supported.

If it supports it. In this case the version is 0.13 and they are going for 0.21, then you can ask for an update, if it is the case…
Well, it seems I read wrong and if it has a lot of differences, hits and moves, it looks quite interesting this hack.

c.c. @BarbuDreadMon

P.S.: A tip, avoid using strange codes that do not come from official sources.

I don’t expect an official version but just an option to use on Android… if anyone managed to compile this version of mame 0249 libretro

I know you are not an expert.
What part did you not understand?

Easy summary.

1. The official cores are downloaded from the menu, online update.

2. Forget about that mame that will not work.

3. The one that handles hacks is FBNeo, ask for it in the project forum.

ok, understood…I don’t want to cause any kind of problems on this forum

You do not generate problems, here you find solutions.
Mame is very difficult to compile and that code is going to be impossible, besides it is HBMAME. FBNeo already has it, if you want it updated the best option is to request the update in the FBNeo forum, I shared the link above.

@zero800

FWIW I compiled the mame code and I can get the 0.21 rom to load just fine.

The current FBNeo romset already includes an sfz3mix.zip (Version 0.13)

I agree that an update for FBNeo would be the best since it would be a permanent update in a current core.

MAME / FBNeo are both far ahead of the code they provide.

I posted on the FBNeo forum since the release of the new version but it seems like they weren’t interested or found it difficult to convert from the Mame driver.

In my humble opinion, the cps2 has been a dead hardware for years and I see no problem in creating fictitious hardware to provide a better experience for the player without the limitations of the original hardware.

https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=4044.0

https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3925.0

I’m working on new scenarios being possible only because of the rom expansion

0129 0127 0128

You should have said it before, actually if they are interested, the two main developers answered you, one answered that the driver is very different and the other that you can.

Can you change the backgrounds?
But… are you the creator of this hack?

It’s awesome, some new characters are missing and it’s Zero 4.
(I know someone who will cry when I show him this).

That’s why the cp2 driver is so different, but you have to eat it to them, and tell them all the new stuff it has. It is much more advisable to have this hack on FBNeo because it is much faster and has full support on RetroArch.

No need to duplicate posts, write in the first one everything new, everything it does, and if it’s you, introduce yourself, they will give you all the support you need.

We have a policy of not accepting “new hardware requests”. Considering how small our team is and the burden of writting a new driver, we prefer working on what we care about. Your hack pretty much falls in the category of “new hardware requests”.

Contributors are welcome though, if you or anyone else feel like porting your driver to FBNeo. I might or might not try to port it myself if i ever find the time, probably not in the next few months.

1 Like

Yes, I’m the developer of the rom, thanks for the tips.

In the scenarios I still don’t know how to place the NPCs/objects.

I have another test about trying to clone Dan without changing anything from the original Dan… check out the test in the video…

1 Like

sfa3ud_9

Looks great! I admire people who do this work, it takes concentration and knowledge.

One thing I notice, that I don’t like visually, is that the wide resolution stretches the image a bit, horizontally. everything looks fat.

Now, if you have the knowledge, try to port it to FBNeo, as BarbuDreadMon says, (who is the same who answered you in the forum). He will help you when you have problems, you can’t be in better hands.

And so you forget about porting it to any other media, one of the advantages of RetroArch, is that you will have it on a huge amount of devices. And it is very sure that I will design you some special overlays for this rom.

Indeed, if he has specific questions about our framework, dink or myself should be able to answer.

1 Like

Thank you for your support and tips on how to move the project forward.

Unfortunately I’m just an amateur in the C language and I don’t have enough knowledge to rewrite this for FBNEO.

In a brief summary, what I did was in the interpretation of the 16x16 graphics, if I had set an unused bit, I asked Mame to add a number to the addressing so that a new gfx2 bank rom could be used.

In terms of sound, almost the same thing, like try playing the .wav sample if the song has ID 01 to 3f and if successful, I asked Mame to mute the original song.

They are amateurish solutions but at least they work.

2 Likes

SFZ3Mix 0.22