Help compiling for ARM (Amlogic S905 device, WiFi does not work)

I am trying to tackle a project that is probably (OK, absolutely) over my head, but I still want to learn, I made great progress just by reading and by trial and error, but I am stuck on this one.

I am trying to build a Lakka-Like ROM for a S905 device, based on a Libreelec fork called AlexELEC which already has emulationstation and Retroarch installed, I have made a few changes to how everything works and I finally got it running how I like it. my next step is to try and remove Kodi, or at least have a minimal install of it. The only thing stopping me is I can’t get WiFi to work on Retroarch, I can’t seem to select anything but “null” on the WiFi driver, and if I force it to connmanctl (by using the .cfg file) it hangs when I scan the networks.

I am 100% sure it can work because if I use the bin from the Odriod C2 Lakka release it works without a problem, but I would much rather compile it from source instead of relying on the bin from Lakka. I tried looking at how the Lakka bin is compiled but like I said in the beginning, it might be over my head as I could not find anything that could help me :frowning:

Just in case anyone wants to see how I’ve been compiling it. This is the LibreElec package.mk I’ve been using (I have not modified this one as all of my tries were not successful)

https://github.com/shantigilbert/AlexELEC-AML/blob/Sx95RE/packages/xmedia/games/retroarch/package.mk

EDIT: I know it seems I might be reinventing the wheel as there is already a working Lakka build for S805 devices which works on S905, but bear with me, I am trying to learn :stuck_out_tongue:

I made progress, if I use HAVE_LAKKA=1 as a compile param it has wifi, but then I am missing other stuff. I tried creating a patch on the wifi.c file removing the #ifdef for HAVE_LAKKA, but it still doesn’t show the wifi driver, I tried looking for other places that might activate this after LAKKA has been enabled but I am lost.

I also found the HAVE_WIFI option, but nothing changes :frowning:

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciate it.

BTW I am using 1.4.1 :slight_smile:

Well I found a solution that works for me. I went another way, enable Lakka and modified the menu items directly in the source code that were missing, and it seems everything is working now.