HELP Config multiple and diferent controlers for the same player

Hi, i have two controlers. an arcade stick controller, and ps1 like controler. I want to play psone game with ps1 like controler, and arcade game with the arcade controls. but wen i map the butons for both control retroarch use 1 for player 1 and the other for player 2… ¿any one know the solution for per core control select? thanks a lot for read this!

You can go into settings > input and change the device index, or you can unplug the controller you don’t want and plug in the one you do.

You can’t reliably just plug them both in and leave them (at least on Windows) because the OS initializes them in a random order on each boot. There is a utility called devreorder that can help with that, though.

1 Like

Hello, but, if a i have 2 diferent joystick… form example a DRAGONRIZE and other named SHANWAN … and, both joystick have diferent numbers buttons set, for example… x button in the first one are ‘2’, and the other are ‘7’. so, is more complex, i just want to play ps1,dramcast, and other games with a play station like control, and the arcade games witth the arcade stick that i have. if a unplug one of this it no means that the first player are de joy that is plugged…

If your controllers are recognized and autoconfigured, it will reconfigure the buttons each time you switch.

If they’re not recognized and autoconfigured, you can create autoconfig profiles for them in settings > input > user 1 binds. Just plug in one of the pads, go there, hit ‘default all’, then map your buttons and ‘save autoconfig’. Then, hit ‘default all’ again, close retroarch and when you re-open it, it should recognize and autoconfigure your inputs. Do that same process for the other controller and you should be all set.

1 Like

Ok i did this and undertud that you said to me… but mi retroarch (i don’t undertand by what) save the imput autoconfig with this name : “SynPS_2 Synaptics TouchPad.cfg”, of course this cfg file target the touch pad of my notebook, then i copy the previous cfg file and named it like mi controler (SHANWAN PS3_PC.cfg) but retroarch don use this cfg, for save all auto config that i maked (it overwriting every time that i make a imput autoconfig). SOLVE: open cfg file and edit 'input_device line and put the device name, and rename the script to…

How to disable my touch-pad in retroarch, i need that don’t recognize the touch-pad for a imput divice, i think this way i will solve this little issue, any idea ?

And thank to you a lot. im looking for this, for long time