Help configuring Nvidia shield controls

Hello all i have an Nvidia Shield with latest fw and rooted,i got retroarch and i can’t get the analog to work at all on any cores. basically theyre anot recognized.if i try to manually set the player binds input,the analog up,down lft etc are recognized as DPAD left right etc.also,but probably mentioned before,the triggers L and R are totally ignored and not even detected.

moreover,when i bring up the in-game gui (the green retrorarh gui that’s also available on pc)and i try to tinker with it,it then says “configuration file saved in folder etc”…but it doesnt.as everytime i start retroarch i have to re-configure all the stuff iwant all over again.all config made by the main andorid menu though are stored

any help?

Which version are you using? If the one from the Play store, have you tried the latest nightly from buildbot.libretro.com?

yes its the one from the store,dated 2013 or 2014 i believe.

no i haven’t tried any nightly build.do i have to compile them by myself or are ready to go?

Nope, just grab them while they’re hot :slight_smile: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/

perfect thank you so much. one last thing:all those cores…

1)which ones can i use on the shield? x86,armeabi or armeabi v7?

2)does the latest folder contains all the cores made up so far?

3)is there a core for Commodore Amiga?

You don’t need to download the cores by hand, there is a downloader now in the APP. ARMv7

ok done.unfortunately i have same issues.analog not recognized(or detected as dpad,thus making it impossible dual shock psx games) and L and R triggers not detected :\

What nightly, I get perfect controls in my shield tablet (with a ds3) Check this post it might help you http://blog.andressm.org/retroarch-android-gamepad-configuration/

the latest nightly,dated 27\02. i have the shield portable so that’s why,but i find it strange nonetheless

Not sure what your problem is on your shield but I have perfect controls with my portable. Before you ask I have done nothing special either. Just load retroarch and play.

so both your analogs are detected and works fine,without doing anything??

here’s what i did,with all retroarch versions:start them up,leave everythign as is,checking that “control autodetection” is on,launch games,any core\content,analogs not recognized.if i go to input to bind my own inputs (from the android main menu,not the in-game retroarch gui)the analog are detected as DPAD movements.

keep in mind that the analogs by themselves works fine in every other games\emulators for android.only retroarch gives me problems.

from the in-game gui (the one with the green border)i managed to SOMEHOW make the analogs work,by setting them as default control method.problem is that either i choose an analog control or a digital one,so forget playing psx games that require both.and the main aggravting issue is ,that after i choose to SAVE the config,the confifg itself is promptly overriden by the default one. and looking online looks like i’m not the only one to have the cfg overwritten by the default one

Did you read my blog post? I even erased the auto config for the ds3 and managed to get it working by doing what I said.

Don’t use the Android menu. Go into RGUI and select bind all with input autonfigure enabled and it should let you map everything

[QUOTE=Radius;19183]Did you read my blog post? I even erased the auto config for the ds3 and managed to get it working by doing what I said.

Don’t use the Android menu. Go into RGUI and select bind all with input autonfigure enabled and it should let you map everything[/QUOTE]

yes i did read it and yes i did everything you said,still no save config,even if i choose another system folder(which i did i as i have all my bios there).

device index was already set to nvidia shield

autoconfig enable was already on

itdoes made me bind everything,but again,it won’t save,even if i choose another folder.i’m making a video of what i’m doing and post it here so youl’see

oh its worth mentioning,that,after saving the input and whatever,from the rgui,if i choose “restart”,retroarch just crashes

I leave everything as it is with input. I dont try to map anything. All analog sticks work perfect. Completely uninstall and try again. Force stop, delete data and cache, then uninstall. Any changes I make for input I change in rgui AFTER I have loaded a game.

can anybody still help me?

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? Controls work OOTB with my shield tablet

i found a workaround,sort of.i saved a cfg files with all the info needed,and it works,only problem is that i have to load it manually everytime i start retroarch