Help with 40 second Delay

I goto launch atari 2600, 7800, Lynx, NES, SNES, Sega M/S Genesis, 32X, Sega CD… I click on the game wheel and I click on the game to load. I have a fade screen set up and I watch the load bar move left to right then My screen goes back to the games system wheel and I am frozen for 40 seconds and THEN the game loads.

I am using Hyperspin as my front end with the assistance of Rocket Launcher

I am using RetroArch for these systems…

Any suggestions why I have to pause 40seconds? It doesnt do this on Daphne, MESS or Mame.

Is it possible that Retroarch is in some way delaying the game from booting up? Or do you think the problem is in RocketLauncher or Hyperspin???

Try it without hyperspin/RL (i.e., with RetroArch alone) and see if it persists. That’ll give you your answer.

I will try this on Saturday thank you for helping with my plea for help

Also please understand. I am on Hyperspin game system wheel, I click on a game, the fade screen appears the load bar comes up the it goes back to the Hyperspin game wheel that appears frozen then 40 secs later the game appears

We don’t support Hyperspin or Rocket Launcher, only RetroArch. If it’s doing it with just RetroArch, we can try to narrow down potential causes.

Hi Hunter the reason why for this post is to cover all my bases. I have another question for you is there a way to update just retro arch? I am not talking about the cores. Just the program itself

Yes, go to buildbot.libretro.com and download the Windows nightly build with today’s date on it. Inside the archive, you’ll find a retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe. Move those into your RetroArch directory and either overwrite the old ones or move those old ones somewhere else as backup. Then, when you launch RetroArch, if it complains about any missing libraries, you’ll need to download the nightly “redist” package from that same place on the buildbot and drop those libs into your retroarch directory, overwriting any conflicts.

Guys I am writing all of you asking that you except my heartfelt apology. This morning I got up Booted up my system and the 40 second Delay is gone. I tested it first through rocket launcher and then through hyper spin and the delay was gone. Over these many months I have noticed little anomalies that crop up from time to time and then upon re-boot the problem is gone due to my lack of knowledge of these various systems I am Imediately panic and assume that I have done something wrong it is my hope that you accept my apology and I have not troubled you too much

1 Like

No problem. Glad you got it fixed up :slight_smile:

That’s The point Hunter, I did nothing but boot up my computer