Help with getting Xbox 360 controller to work on Fire T.V

Hello, I’ve been working at getting the xbox360 controller to work with Retro arch, but nothing is working right. Every time I go to set up the controller I get a message that it’s not configured. I go into input devices and change it to the xbox controller, but when I do that I lose all function on the screen. Using a mouse I’m able to set up bind all for the controller, but that’s it. Can any one help me please?

Once you have your buttons bound through ‘bind all’, save your autoconfig profile and it should start recognizing it at startup.

Thanks for the help, but whenever I start a rom it still tells me that the controller is not configured. I’ve even tried doing it when I’m in each core.

I’m using nightly and Im able to save my auto config file, My device index is in the #2 spot. I’m able to get my Xbox wireless controller to work after I use my Amazon fire tv remote. However, I still get "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver (1118/1817) Not Configured when I run a Rom or in RetroArch. I’ve also tried changing Input Remapping Directory to make sure it was saving to something internal on the Fire Tv.

Try turning off the autoconfig and map you controller using bind all then exit retroarch cleanly using the exit option, open retroarch again and start a game using the option load and detect core.