Help with MAME Softlists

I’ve been trying in vain to get MAME systems working with softlists. I think I’m very close, but I’m getting hung up.

Here’s what I’ve done:

1. Put a softlist.xml in my <path_to_retroarch>/system/mame/haspath/ folder. Example: coleco.xml2) Have my roms in <path_to_roms>/coleco/ folder Example: choplift.zip
  2. Have my bios roms in <path_to_roms>/coleco/coleco/ folder. I have both the coleco.zip and the unzipped files in this folder
  3. Set my mame config settings in retroarch-core-options.cfg:mame_softlists_enable = “enabled” mame_softlists_auto_media = “disabled” mame_media_type = “cart” mame_boot_to_bios = “disabled”

My command line command is (using OSX): “/Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/MacOS/RetroArch” – -L “/Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/mame_libretro.dylib” -rompath “<path_to_roms>/coleco/” coleco -cart <path_to_roms>/coleco/choplift" -verbose

The game appears to be recognized via the softlist, but the launch fails with:

… 313 10031-4005 73108a.u2 NOT FOUND (tried in coleco coleco) FATALERROR: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run. …

I can see that in my coleco.zip bios file though that this file exists. I’ve tried putting this file in every place I could imagine, but it still fails. Where exactly do the BIOS files go in this case? Is it possible to set the BIOS folder in either config or command line?

Thanks in advance for any hints on how to make this work.

The bios should be in the same folder that the roms are I think.

If that’s still not working try to make a mame.ini (or coleco.ini) in RetroArch\system\mame\ini\ with

rompath <path_to_roms_and_bios>

And have Read Configuration ON in Mame core options.