Help with mednafen psx black screen on retroarch, please

When I try to load a .cue, mednafen starts but keeps on a black screen, and sometimes just crash. All is perfectly configured, the bios are correct, the bin-cues are correct, and I cant find a solution even searching in the whole internet. Any help?

Also, mednafen work when I load .ccd games, but there are only a few roms on internet, and many 2009 broken links…

If I can’t fix this problem, is there an alternative psx core for x64? Many thanks.

(english isn’t my mother tongue)

Black screen usually means you have the wrong BIOS, check the core information panel it will tell you the correct CRC of the BIOS you need

I that case .ccd games should not run too, doesn’t it?

Not necesarily, games are for different regions, there are 3 required BIOS so you could have one wrong BIOS

ok, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi I encounter a similiar issue both on Lakka (x64) and Windows 8.1 x64 (retroarch of course).

Mednafen can’t open PSX games with cue files, only with ccd …

Bios are ok (I got the 3 of them, correct checksum, correct name, case sensitive respected, correct place in folders) (https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super/blob/master/dist/info/mednafen_psx_libretro.info)

Kivutar from Lakka gave me his bios and I’ve got the same issue.

I’ve got about 20 iso with cue files, all are KO with retroacrh both on Lakka and Windows, but run with ePSXE (on Windows)

Need help please

Thanks !!! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=urukai;20652]Hi I encounter a similiar issue both on Lakka (x64) and Windows 8.1 x64 (retroarch of course).

Mednafen can’t open PSX games with cue files, only with ccd …

Bios are ok (I got the 3 of them, correct checksum, correct name, case sensitive respected, correct place in folders) (https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super/blob/master/dist/info/mednafen_psx_libretro.info)

Kivutar from Lakka gave me his bios and I’ve got the same issue.

I’ve got about 20 iso with cue files, all are KO with retroacrh both on Lakka and Windows, but run with ePSXE (on Windows)

Need help please

Thanks !!! :)[/QUOTE] Are you sure the CUE files are pointing to the correct BIN/IMG/etc. files? Open them up in a text editor to see what file they’re looking for. Make sure that the file name (and directory, if they’re in a location different from the BIN/IMG/etc. file) matches exactly to what the BIN/IMG/etc. file’s name is.

If that’s fine, have you made certain that your game rips are clean? Mednafen PSX doesn’t play nice with even slightly off rips.

Hello,

Enven if I have the right bioses in the right folder, I can’t launch a PSX game. It seems taht theres is an error with memory card files, I don’t know why.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

I think you’re using beetle… don’t, use mednafen. Also you have the BIOS files but the hashes need to match http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

I don’t think I use beetle, the core I use is just called “Mednafen PSX” (v. 09.36.5) :

Ok, well the memory card messages are irrelevant, did you check the CRCs of your BIOS files? And is your cue sheet valid?

I don’t know how to check that, I have no idea of what is CRC. All I can say is that my scph5501.file is a SCPH-1001.bin renamed. This bioses worked fine on epsxe.

Well, we are a community and we’re here to help but lazyness is not an excuse. You can see in that very informational panel that there is a list of suggested bios and suggested MD5 sums.

Quoting wikipedia:

MD5 digests have been widely used in the software world to provide some assurance that a transferred file has arrived intact. For example, file servers often provide a pre-computed MD5 (known as Md5sum) checksum for the files, so that a user can compare the checksum of the downloaded file to it. Most unix-based operating systems include MD5 sum utilities in their distribution packages; Windows users may install a Microsoft utility, or use third-party applications. Android ROMs also utilize this type of checksum.

Quoting our wiki:

Mednafen-PSX requires the following BIOS image files for operation [1]:

scph5500.bin (MD5 sum: 8dd7d5296a650fac7319bce665a6a53c)
scph5501.bin (MD5 sum: 490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246)
scph5502.bin (MD5 sum: 32736f17079d0b2b7024407c39bd3050)

the names are case sensitive

So, your answer: http://bit.ly/1bBEAUa

I’ve found that the issue came from my bioses, I am sorry for disturbing you. My scph5500 and 5502 were not correct, I have replaced them by scph1000 and 1002 renamed. Thanks a lot ! Edit : and next time an issue like that occurs, I’ll try MD5 sums.

It’s really no big deal sorry if I was a bit harsh. I’m here to help anyway I just prefer to point in the right direction.