Help with RA Controller disconnected message

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help. I am running RA 1.8.5 on Windows 10 and I have a Hori Fighting Commander. I was using RA for a long time with no dramas and left it for about a year and have just come back to it. Now, I am getting these messages in the bottom left corner of the screen saying “device disconnected from port #1” and behind the font, it is green in colour. The thing is, my controller is plugged in and works. I have tried the controller in every USB port on my PC. I have tried turning off onscreen notifications but they do not go away. I have even tried a 100% new install of RA and it still shows. For the life of me, I cannot figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

I will add that I have seen a couple of posts online saying to go to “settings > user > interface > menu widgets” and turn them off but my RA does not have that option. In the user interface menu there is no option for menu widgets. I do have “show advanced settings” turned on too.

Can anyone tell me how I am to access this “menu widgets” option? This was not removed from late RA versions was it?

It’s under Settings, Onscreen Display, Onscreen Notifications, Graphics Widgets.

1 Like

That was it! Thank you so much, I appreciate it.