Help with Savestates in Genesis plus

Hi I recently lost my Megaman The Wily Wars save data and I tried downloading a save state from the internet to have acces to the Wily Tower again without having to play all 3 games all over again but all the save states are in .gs0, I tried renaming them but retroarch doe not load the state in both genesis plus and picodrive. Any suggestions guys? It would be annoying having to play all three games all over again.

savestates won’t work. savefiles may, just rename them to srm

[QUOTE=Radius;33911]savestates won’t work. savefiles may, just rename them to srm[/QUOTE]

Save states are broken I take it?

[QUOTE=Radius;33911]savestates won’t work. savefiles may, just rename them to srm[/QUOTE]

The problem is retroarch doesnt create a .srm file when playing that game for some reason, even if I enable the options saveram autosave interval and dont overwrite saveram, I also made sure I was quitting retroarch from the retroarch menu, my file save directory is on the save folder in the com.retroarch folder, any ideas why is that happening? Seems to happen to other games too.

I think I found the cause, my game was patched with this: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/514/

The patch fixes the slow down and inability to use the wily tower in the euro release but for some reason makes retroarch unable to create a .srm file. The non patched version does create the .srm file but it is slow… Btw renaming the save states or save data does not work, does anyone have a retroarch saved data of this game? Cant find on the internet.

No. Savestates are just not portable

Eke Eke fixed saving in Wily Wars with the Mottzilla patch years ago, but I think it broke again. I made a new issue report about it here: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/37

Thanks didn’t know it was a core specific issue, just tried the patched version with the picodrive core and it does create the srm file :slight_smile:

So the issue is already fixed in the genesis plus core? That issue is closed and I can’t find the other one.

It’s not fixed yet. I bumped the old issue report on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/issues/200/mega-man-the-wily-wars

Thanks man, on another interesting note apparently hunterk has a patch for adding the overclock option to the genesis plus core that would fix the slow down in Megaman the wily wars and other games like sonic but can’t add it because eke eke won’t allow it. maybe it is posible to add that patch to the other sega core? What do you think?

GPGX and Picodrive are pretty different; it would probably take some work to get the patch to work on Picodrive if it was designed for GPGX.

Man that is unfortunate, hoping someday eke eke will change his mind about the patch.

hunterk maybe you could release the patch? Genesisplusgx is open source right? Or are there any licences impeding other users to modify it?

It’s already been posted elsewhere on this forum, I forget who the actual author is. He posted overclocking patches for genplusgx and I think FCEUmm.

Thanks will search for it, also good news:

hunterk can’t seem to find the thread or post with the patches on this forums, any more clues?

The problem of the patched version of wily wars not creating srm has been solved, awesome job guys!

BTW if someone needs the srm of the Wily Tower unlocked for the genesisplus core (patched Mega Man Wily Wars):