Help With Turbo

Hi,

New to Retro Arch and am enjoying it thus far with the exception of getting turbo to work correctly. I have set a key to enable turbo in input settings and can get it to activate by holding it and then holding the corresponding button I want turbo to enable for, but it only seems to last for mere seconds, then it reverts to single fire. Can someone give me a turbo for dummies guide to get this going, please? Would be much appreciated. Thank you.

[QUOTE=Riggan;51751]Hi,

New to Retro Arch and am enjoying it thus far with the exception of getting turbo to work correctly. I have set a key to enable turbo in input settings and can get it to activate by holding it and then holding the corresponding button I want turbo to enable for, but it only seems to last for mere seconds, then it reverts to single fire. Can someone give me a turbo for dummies guide to get this going, please? Would be much appreciated. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

thats basically how TURBO works in RA for now, you hold the hotkey to enable turbo function of the buttons. only a few cores, namely for nes - nestopia and fceumm has assignable turbo buttons.

Oh really? So weird they’d implement it at all if it only lasts for a couple seconds. 'Guess I’m better off getting a native turbo controller.

Currently using the Logitech F310. Anyone tried the Sabrent Twelve-Button?

It’s a hold-toggle.

???

Basically, you hold the button you want to become turbo, tap your turbo button/key (I use left trigger for some cores), and the held button becomes turbo until you let off that button. It works on multiple buttons at once if you hold all of them and hit the turbo.

Ah, I see. I misinterpreted the process. I thought if you long-press the turbo button and then hit the button you want to apply it to, you then release the turbo button and rapidfire stays applied until you either cancel it or unload the core. That makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying. I definitely need a turbo controller then. The Sabrent Twelve-Button is tempting, but some of the reviews aren’t the best. In addition to the turbo setting, I also like the button count. It could double as an N64 controller. I currently use a Logitech F310 and love it. Just wish it had turbo.

Ok so howcome no matter what I try to set turbo button as it always becomes the space key. Trying to play ds pokemon on xbox 1 controller and retroarch is great except I can’t speed it up. I set my laptop across the room so hitting space is a crappy option

Are you possibly assigning the wrong hotkey? The one that’s mapped to spacebar is “fast forward”, which makes the game run faster. Turbo is used as another word for “rapid-fire” in RetroArch.

I honestly don’t know. Turbo doesn’t seem to accept any input to change controls. And I don’t see where to change the fast forward. No hot keys are assigned. And I don’t use the keyboard

Is there a way to have a default turbo button for a game ? but without having to hold or trigger with another button ?

for example, playing Street of Rage, i want the punch button (B) to be turbo while pushed, without having to hold another trigger ou activate it how can i do that ? how do i have to set the delays ?

or for shmup, having the default fire button to be turbo the same way ?

I never did find a method to program it in RA that I was happy with. Always seemed unreliable no matter how I tried it. I ended up just buying an iBuffalo SNES USB controller. Has built-in turbo and it’s easy to toggle on/off whichever button(s) you want it to work for.