Hi guys,

I just switched to the newest version of retroarch. i’m playing legend of Zelda nes and I can’t seem to save my games anymore. It worked before so not sure what I’m not doing that I had done previously. If I register a new game play then select save in game, exit game, then go back in there is nothing there. I want to be able to save my in game progress like I use to.

Thanks in advance.

is your ‘save’ directory set somewhere strange in settings > directory? it should default to the same directory as your game. Also, in-game SRAM saves won’t write to file unless/until you exit the game through ‘close content’ or ‘quit retroarch’

I looked at the savefile directory in both versions and they are both pointing to my retroarch/saves folder. what’s wired is I even moved the contents from the old saves folder that worked to the new version and it still doesn’t see the saved games. I’m running retroarch through a hyperspin setup but regardless it works in the .4 version fine but not the .6. It’s really not nessesary I upgrade but I would like to figure out why it’s behaving this way so I understand how this works and what the problem may be or more so what I may have set wrong in the .6 version.

I’d like to be able to transfer saved games for one setup to another in the future.

Do you still have your old installation? If so, you could try backing up your new retroarch.cfg and then copy over your old installation’s version. That would tell us whether there’s a config change that you’re missing.

Check your roms folder and see if the new save files are there. I had this problem for weeks and the only way to fix it was by having the correct paths in a cfg file that was named like this for instance:

mupen64plus_libretro.dll.cfg

It has to have the “.dll” in there. If it’s only “mupen64plus_libretro.cfg” it won’t work and it will create saves in the roms folder for some reason. It’s confusing and i don’t know if it’s a problem with Hyperspin’s AKH or RetroArch.

Nevermind my previous post, the new version doesn’t use these config files anymore so there is no way to set the save paths in the “save” folder or anywhere else you want. If you use hyperspin/rocketlauncher + RetroArch, it will always save in the rom folder. I tried everything, made a fresh setup, manually edited the save path in the new config file but it will always save in the ROMS folder anyway, no matter what you setup. I don’t know if this is a problem with RetroArch itself or the RetroArch module. I found no solution so far.