Hi! i need help with autoconfig with ipega controller. only d-pad dont work .. thanks

Hi! Can you help me. i didnt find the input debugging option in last nighlty android version. BUT with my own custom keylayout i figured all buttons keys. All buttons works. But i cant get the d-pad to work. I use a samsung S5 with a Ipega 9017S bluetooth gamepad. The controoler name in bluetooth is " Bluetooth Gamepad " i still get the device to connect in retroarch last nightly. My file " Bluetooth_Gamepad.cfg is in autoconfig folder. All work except i cant find the d-pad keys. i tried 19,20,21,22 and h0up,h0down… none of that work. Using a Ps3 usb controller. i tried to map the ipega dpad while edit buttons in rgui. and it seem all directions up down left and right show 199 key for any of them. up=199 down=199 … Thanks for help . when my file will work perfectly i will give the info to you guys. Thanks

I’m using an ipega9025 on Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop, my steps to get it to work:

1-Pair the ipega controller pressing X+Home 2-Dont try to configure the controller on main menu, its broken 3-Enter the RGUI and configure by Input Options > Bind All

Or try something like “gamepad tester” or “input events logger” from the play store. I have a USB SNES controller adapter and the dpad buttons register as x and y axis, could be the problem. I’m all for setting the .cfg yourself so you can easily customize controls for different emulators.

Thanks for help. with your tips i succeed making the cfg file. its working perfect. the Bind all thing… help me to find all d-pad keys. i had to uninstall retroarch and reinstall it. because if you change custom bids in retroarch menu ( not rgui) it seem to broke all control scheme with controllers. so dont use custom bid in retroarch menu only in rgui. my cfg work with all emulators. i tried 15 differents and you can customize different s custom keys with each emulator in retroarch rgui. very cool. thanks again for help. i have uploaded my file for retroarch future version and for people with the same controller than me. i have the ipega 9017s. i prefer this controller vs others because its very small. you have to put the file in data/data/com.retroarch/autoconfig. ( each cfg file for any co troller goes there) sorry for my bad english. have a great day.

i uploaded the file there:

https://www.zeta-uploader.com/1876999193

( i just edited the link it was not good, now its ok)

and i paste my file below:

input_device = “Bluetooth Gamepad” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “189” input_y_btn = “188” input_select_btn = “196” input_start_btn = “197” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “190” input_x_btn = “191” input_l_btn = “192” input_r_btn = “193” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “-3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “+3”

i made another one that work with the same controller ( using a custom keylayout that work with every androud game by default, because this controller doesnt work much withou custom keylayout. i will post the keylayout file below with the autoco fig file to use with it. with theses 2 files you can play anything with this controller on the android os)

by the way it seem my model is ipega 9017 not ipega 9017s. the " s " is the one with l2 r2. i just have l2 and r1

autoconfig file below: ( WITH ALL autoconfig file you have to modify permission and check the 9 first square otherwise retroarch doesnt recognize it. they should have said that in that thread. most people must have problem with autoconfig file because of permission. anyway below is the ipega 9017 autoconfig file ( to use with my custom keylayout android control that work with all android games:

Bluetooth_Gamepad.cfg ( check first 9 square in permission) input_device = “Bluetooth Gamepad” input_driver = “android” input_b_btn = “96” input_y_btn = “99” input_select_btn = “109” input_start_btn = “108” input_up_btn = “h0up” input_down_btn = “h0down” input_left_btn = “h0left” input_right_btn = “h0right” input_a_btn = “97” input_x_btn = “100” input_l_btn = “102” input_r_btn = “103” input_l_x_plus_axis = “+0” input_l_x_minus_axis = “-0” input_l_y_plus_axis = “+1” input_l_y_minus_axis = “-1” input_r_x_plus_axis = “+2” input_r_x_minus_axis = “-2” input_r_y_plus_axis = “-3” input_r_y_minus_axis = “+3”

My custom keylayout for this controller (need root im pretty sure)

make the file and paste it in root/system/usr/keylayout/ the file name must be :Vendor_0a5c_Product_8502.kl ( permission need 3 read square with check and the first write square like that: rw- --r --r

paste that in the file:

Copyright © 2010 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”);

you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.

You may obtain a copy of the License at

http/www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software

distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS,

WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.

See the License for the specific language governing permissions and

limitations under the License.

Ipega PG-9017 Bluetooth controller

key 288 BUTTON_X key 289 BUTTON_A key 290 BUTTON_B key 291 BUTTON_Y key 292 BUTTON_L1 key 293 BUTTON_R1 key 296 BUTTON_SELECT key 297 BUTTON_START

Joystick and game controller axes.

Axes that are not mapped will be assigned generic axis numbers by the input subsystem.

axis 0x00 X axis 0x01 Y axis 0x02 Z axis 0x03 RX axis 0x04 RY axis 0x05 RZ axis 0x06 THROTTLE axis 0x07 RUDDER axis 0x08 WHEEL axis 0x09 GAS axis 0x0a BRAKE axis 0x10 HAT_X axis 0x11 HAT_Y