Hori Fighting Stick 3 suddenly not working

Hi

I’ve been using my Hori Fighting Stick 3 with Retroarch for a couple of weeks now with no issues. Then suddenly today it won’t recognise the actual joystick d-pad inputs anymore. These used to be labelled as POV_UP, DOWN etc. All the other buttons are working fine and Retroarch can remap them. I’ve tested the FS3 in OpenEmu and Dolphin and everything is completely fine in there.

I cannot figure out what is going on. I trashed all my cfg files and started over, but no luck at all. I also disconnected all other peripherals to no avail either. Does anyone have any ideas?

So frustrating as I literally just got my FBA roms working today to finally play some shmups in portrait mode, and then this happens. Murphy’s or something…

Thanks.

There’s been a sporadic issue where it remaps dpads as keypad directions. You might try peeking into your cfg to see if that’s happening and, if so, try re-mapping it there manually to pov_up, etc.

Hi. I don’t think this is the issue to be honest. I went into my windows partition on my Imac and everything is fine with the stick there. When I’m in Retroarch on MAC it will detect the buttons of the FS3 but not the stick itself. Also, half the time it doesn’t show the Fighting Stick 3 under USER 1 DEVICE INDEX. It seems to me there is a glitch in how Retroarch is receiving input from he FS3 or something. From the driver maybe? Like I said, everything works fine in OpenEmu and Dolphin, and also in Retroarch on Windows. I did a fresh install of Retroarch and redownloaded everything, but it didn’t work. Same issue.

I’m completely out of ideas.