Hotkey Bindind issues

Hi there and sorry to bother but I hope someone can enlighten me and/ or help me with said issue.

Basically I setup retroarch today and got everything working, I went to play a psp game and had no issues but the hotkeys bound on my controller for fastforward are still here. Even after I went and changed it to nul in the .cfg the hotkey stayed the same and from what I can see you cant unbind them in the retroarch hotkey bind page itself, right?

If anyone can help me I’d appreciate it because its driving me crazy, I cant play castelvania chronicles on psp and therefore rondo of blood and symphony my fav games since one key constantly fastforwards.

Edit: Knowing that I’m an idiot I kept at it for awhile and have realised that pressing enter on the keys resets them to default, however upon launching a game the inputs are still the same and the reset I had done for the hotkeys didnt work for some reason. Sigh Im back at square one.

I go into the settings and reset the bindings for the hotkeys, I then save it as a new config file but on launch it resets to the old hot key bindings. Why is this so difficult all I want to do is remove the bindings of hotkeys and keep them that way. I attempted to delete all the configs too, as if it would start a fresh but alas it didnt help. I do hope someone knows why and cant end this its been going on for days now.

Save as new config… saves as NEW config, not as the normal config you use all the time. You only need to exit for it to save correctly

Thanks for responding Im aware of that but what Im saying is that if I exit it doesnt save correctly for the normal config and as a result I tried to make a NEW config to see if that one would work, the new config does work but I have to change it over to the new one every time since no matter what the normal config just doesnt want to change back, saving the file doesnt work, exiting after changing it doesnt work, hell even save as and replacing it over the previous .cfg file doesnt work.