Hotkey buttons mismatch on different controller types

Hey!

So I am using a Dual Sense emulated as Xbox360 controller with DS4Windows and it works great in Retroarch and other emulators, as well as Launchbox. I recently purchased an 8Bitdo M30 Bluetooth controller to play Mega Drive and Saturn games and a Brawler64 Bluetooth controller to play N64 games.

My issue is that since those 2 controllers are recognised as different controllers in Retroarch the button labelling will be totally different compared to the Xbox360 auto-config, to be clearer the “Select” button for example, which I use as hotkey toggle is button 7 on the Xbox360 config but it will be any random number on the others which means my controller hotkeys will be completely messed-up on the other controllers and unusable (as that issue also affects the other buttons/hotkeys).

I managed to workaround this issue using DS4Windows to emulate the M30 as the same Xbox360 controller in Retroarch when setting it as Switch pro controller and doing a remapping profile in DS4Windows and it works great!

Unfortunately the Brawler64 no matter which mode you use it with is not compatible with DS4Windows and I am not able to do the same workaround :frowning:

So here’s really my question ultimately, is there a way to modify the controller profile that Retroarch will assign automatically to it and change the button labelling to match the X360 profile layout? So for example the Select button on the Brawler64 (in X-Input mode) actually gets recognised as Button 7 and so on.

probably the easier solution is to modify the autoconfig profiles to put the hotkey enabler on the button you want.