How can I change what Player/Controller I am with the MAME cores?

This is something I haven’t figured out neither in the Wii builds nor the 3DS ones. I have Mame 2003 running on my 3DS for example, and I always wanted to know how can I modify what player I play as?

For example, in multiplayer games like the SImpsons or TMNT, you can change what character you play as depending on what player you input the coins in, and since the 3DS doesn’t have any real multiplayer functionality, I wanted to know if this is possible. Same goes for the Wii, having a specific button to switch what control/player you input the coin as would be really nice.

Thanks in advance!

The easiest thing to do for those games is use the 2-player ROM instead, which lets you choose your character instead of basing it on player position.

I know that doesn’t actually answer your question but whatever.

[QUOTE=hunterk;41606]The easiest thing to do for those games is use the 2-player ROM instead, which lets you choose your character instead of basing it on player position.

I know that doesn’t actually answer your question but whatever.[/QUOTE]

And I would I go about getting those to work? I already got myself the 2 Player clone ROMs of each of my 4 player games (TMNT, TMNT 2, Simpsons, Sunset Riders) , which are:

• simpsons2p3.zip
  • ssridersubc.zip
  • tmnt2po.zip
  • tmnt22pu.zip

I tried merging the ROMs, no luck, I also tried putting both the parent ROM and the clone ROM in the same directory, but when I try to boot the clone ROM I get (An error has occurred) in my 3DS and it reboots afterwards.

How can I get those to work?

If they’re the correct ROMs, it should just be a matter of placing them alongside their parents. Does it print any kind of error message to your other screen? Like that it can’t find whatever.rom or something?

Here’s a pic of what I get when loading tmnt22pu.zip:

I also get that with with ssridersubc.zip and simpsons2p3.zip

The only one I got working is tmnt2po.zip

EDIT: I managed to get all four working from a specific ROM site in which ROMs are “free”. :stuck_out_tongue: Interestingly enough, the ROMs are not the usual ones listed in name.

The ones I got working are:

• tmnt2po.zip
  • tmnt22p.zip
  • simps2pa.zip
  • ssrdrubc.zip