How Can I Remove a Core?

I downloaded a core that I dislike, how can I remove it without removing anything else? Unrooted device. Thanks y’all!

no way, afaik. You can delete all of the app’s data through your device’s app settings menu or you can delete the cores manually if you’re rooted.

Thankfully, most of the cores take up a handful of MBs, so leaving them around is no big deal.

Dang. So if I select file and detect core, is there a way to set a preference?

Also ugh, sorry for spamming you with all these dumb questions. For some, but not all my roms, they don’t show up. It will say no item where I navigated to, even though I know it is there. Should I be doing anything to the files before I put them in my Rom folder? Do I leave them as a zip or extract em?

No, not that I know of. Your best bet may be to test out a bunch of stuff, get everything figured out, nuke your data and start over once you have it all pinned down. That way, you can just get the single core you want per console, etc.

EDIT: that was the answer to the first question. For the second, it should work fine with zipped ROMs, but I always decompress first so it doesn’t have to do it at runtime. When it’s not finding things, do you already have a core loaded? it will only show files with extensions matching the currently loaded core. If you want to load something else with detect core, I think you’ll need to unload the current core first. I’m not 100% on that, though, since i don’t use the core detection, personally.

Nah it’s doing it whether I have the core loaded or unloaded.

You need to have a core that can handle that particular content for it to show (unless it’s a zip)

Thanks! What core do you use for files like this? I leave it in my Roms folder as a .zip right? Mednafen doesn’t work.

You cant load bin/cue images as a zip directly and you should extract them. I don’t know what device you have but mednafen is a heavy emulator so you will want to use PCSX-ReARMed.

Also please don’t link ROM’s here.

Thanks, took the link down. I can’t seem to find that core in the online updater by the way.