How Compile Retroarch the C++ Compiler?

Hi, i am new, greetings to all, first of all let me say that i am amazed by the Libretro and Retroarch project, it is incredible :smiley:

Second i am wondering if there a way to compile retroarch for windows with the c++ compiler of MinGW?

Because i need to call certain library for an interesting project that i am working on, and these only are on c++.

If i am not wrong i saw in the make file that is a definition for CXX of the MinGW.

This can be done?

Any help of how can be achieve will be greated appreciated :smiley:

My best regards

Chevalsky

Yeah, RetroArch should compile just fine with MinGW. I do it regularly, myself.

hunterk nice to meet you and thanks for your answer!!!

But the Retroarch make command on MinGW don’t compile by default with the common c compiler?

I ask this because, when i run the make -j3 command i saw on consoles error that exist c++ dependencies that can’ t be resolved since my libraries are c++

you just have to add the required includes for it to compile with the adequate compiler, I have a QT gui embedded in RetroArch and it builds just fine

Here’s a tutorial for building RetroArch on Windows using MinGW via msys2: https://gist.github.com/heuripedes/b6da0fea68b648bdd2ae

Thanks for your answer Radius!!!

You said that when i add the include on the header, the c++ compilation it is automatic?

Because as soon i add #include <set> to the retroarch.h header i get:

retroarch.c:20:15: fatal error: set: No such file or directory #include <set> ^ compilation terminated.

Could you iluminate a little more of how could include QT please

Thanks!!!

hunterk: Thanks you too, in fact i am using MinGW via msys2 too jeje

Pass CXX_BUILD=1 when you run make.